David Marquet show how Intent Based leadership turns compliant followers into engaged leaders— fueling performance and driving results.
Leadership isn’t about telling people what not to do. It’s about creating an environment where they can be great just the way they are. -David Marquet
Takeaways + Tactics
- People who feel valued drive results. Make them a part of something big.
- A single leader who does all the thinking stifles growth and inhibits performance. Force your teams to think, and they will grow.
- Top-down decisions forced on compliant teams don’t face scrutiny, and the results are often disastrous.
David Marquet expertly shows:
- How forcing people to make their own decisions will increase their job satisfaction and performance
- Why a great leader doesn’t need to know everything, but should continue learning
- How great leaders communicate in order to drive performance
As the captain of a nuclear submarine, David experienced the power of intentional leadership and how much it changed his team. Today, he helps companies create leaders at every level and delegate flawless execution.
You can find out more about David’s approach to leadership and his educational materials here.